Northern Ireland Tourist BoardView Success Stories
NITB’s vision is to confidently and passionately champion the development and promotion of the Northern Ireland experience. Our mission is to build the value of tourism to the economy, and we do this in a way which demonstrates commitment to our core values of Teamwork, Expertise, and Respect.
The Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) is a Non-Departmental Public Body of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment (DETI) constituted under the Tourism (Northern Ireland) Order 1992.
NITB builds the value of tourism to the economy in partnership with government and industry. It exists to encourage tourism and it does this by supporting and influencing stakeholders and the tourism industry.
NITB operates from its headquarters in St. Anne’s Court, North Street, Belfast and has a second office in Suffolk Street, Dublin, where it has a tourist information function.
Our Excellence Journey
Within the NITB’s mission and vision, the Corporate Plan (2011-15) outlines 5 key strategic objectives. The 5 Point Plan is:
- Unlock the potential
- Build the Destination
- Develop a quality visitor experience
- Promote the Destination
- Be an excellent organisation
The Market Review provides NITB with a greater knowledge of the visitor, their perceptions, motivations and behaviors. Furthermore, it helps NITB focus its marketing effort on our ‘best prospect’ segments. The findings of this research also have the potential to positively impact future trends in terms of visitor numbers and spend.
NITB’s key services to their customers are as follows:
- Research, Insights and Advocacy Service
- Funding Service;
- Training and Development Service
- Quality Accreditation Service
- Technology and Marketing Support.
It operates in a complex environment and services 5 core customer groups: Visitor, Industry, Government / DETI, our staff and wider society.
- EFQM Recognised 4 Excellence 4 Star in 2013.
- IiP Silver accreditation in 2012.
- 21% more stakeholders state NITB was the Champion of NI Tourism.
- Engagement with external stakeholders enabled NITB to lever over £240million to drive the development of tourism products.
- Project Excellence Programme for internal communications TOR.
- Rise of improvement teams.
- Civic Pride score of 90%.
- Growing the number of visitors (and their contribution to the NI economy) from the domestic and Republic of Ireland markets.
Alan Clarke, Chief Executive NITB
"I am confident that the achievement of recent years provides the right building blocks for the future growth of the industry, and that with our Corporate Plan 2011-15 we can begin to realise our vision of delivering an additional 10,000 jobs and doubling revenue from tourism by 2020."