Who we are & What we do
Smart Grid Ireland (SGI) is an independent, industry led, networking cluster
influencing government and regulation, promoting good corporate
citizenship and actively driving technology solutions that accelerate
the cultural and societal changes needed to achieve a digitalized,
decentralized and decarbonised electricity network and improve the
Island of Ireland’s international competitiveness. Click here for more information on SGI.
SGI has five Guiding Principles;
- All Ireland representation on Smart Grid Development
- Transformational engagement with utilities operators, regulators and both governments
- Supporting the EU directive on Energy Security & Sustainability
- Development of a long term stakeholder view of the system in transition, and
- Identifying potential for Demonstration Project Opportunities
Current Focus Areas
- Feasibility Study with MAN, Zurich and QUB for the Royal Group of Hospitals, on MAN Energy, Electric-Thermal-Energy-Storage system
- Engaged with Derry–Donegal Councils in developing Smart Energy projects for North West Ireland
- Working with Causeway Coast Council on Energy Strategy and Microgrid Technologies
- Collaboration, in support of the Climate Action Plan, with Renewable Energy associations to showcase Technology solutions in Ireland (Rep) in partnership with SEAI
- Researching a potential H2020 harbour project with Energyville, Brussels between Belfast, Harbour, Cork Harbour and Antwerp
- Response to consultations and influencing policy. (EG: NI – DSO / RP6 / Eirgrid Interconnector)
Become a Member
Board Member - £10K (€11K) annual fee (Maximum 15 Members)
VALUE PROPOSITION - Leadership Role and Strategic Direction of SGI Executive
General Member - £5K (€6K) annual fee (no registration limit)
VALUE PROPOSITION - Bi-monthly round table update meetings, opportunities to engage or partner with other SGI members / commercial activities. Bi-monthly newsletters, member’s only website information resources.
SME Member - £2.5K (€3K) annual fee (no registration limit)
VALUE PROPOSITION - Bi-monthly newsletters, member’s only website information resources, quarterly Information sessions on projects and opportunity to partner in providing solutions.
For more information on Smart Grid Ireland and becoming a member, please contact us.